How to Clean and Organize Your Home Like a Pro
Many people have trouble cleaning and organizing their home. It’s just a fact of life. It isn’t so much that they don’t know how – it’s that they don’t know how to get started. The truth is, though, that home cleaning is more about building the motivation than anything else. Once you have the motivation, the cleaning and organizing part is all about putting in the elbow grease. If you have dirty carpets, stains, and other issues, you may have a little more work cut out for you, but nothing is impossible. When all is said and done, you will get to enjoy your clean and organized home. Here is how to clean and organize your home like a pro.
- Start throwing things out. If you want to clean and organize your home like a pro, you want to start throwing out all the items you don’t need anymore. If you have been collecting clutter, it may be time to start moving things to the recycling bin. If you have old furniture, it may be time to have a yard sale.
- Find storage for things you want to keep. When you start making a list of all the items you want to throw out, you also want to make a list of all the items that you want to keep, but don’t necessarily want to have out in view in your home. This is why you may want to put some items in storage. When it comes to paperwork and other knickknacks, you probably want to find some flat plastic boxes and stash things away in the garage.
- Clean the big things first. Before you get to cleaning the small details, you want to start with the big things. For instance, you may want to scrub down your bathroom walls and tile. If it has been a while, you may have a lot of soap scum building up. After you clean the bathroom, you may want to clean your carpets. If you hire a company like Duraclean to clean your carpets, you may need to wait a few days for the carpets to dry, so you want to get it out of the way ahead of time.
- Get detailed. After you clean the big things, you want to get started on the small things – the details. For instance, you want to use a rag and some cleaner to wipe down your floorboards. You may also want to get into the nooks and crannies to remove cobwebs, dust, and debris. There is a good chance that you have a lot of areas where debris is building up, so you want to tackle these things for that professional look.
- Put on the finishing touches. Once you have thoroughly cleaned and organized, you can then move on to the finishing touches. You can clean up any debris that may be left behind and you want to straighten furniture and remove smudges from the windows. In the end, if you want to make your home look professionally cleaned and organized, it is all about putting on the finishing touches.