5 Fun Decor Ideas for a Child’s Bedroom
Your child’s bedroom is a unique world, because it is in this room that your child’s mind will grow and foster new ideas about the world. This is why you want to be very particular when it comes to the decor of your child’s bedroom. If the room is too boring, it may not be exciting and your child may not enjoy the space. However, you don’t want the room to be too all-over-the-place, because that can make your child’s room too chaotic. Fortunately, there are a number of bedroom decorating ideas for your child’s bedroom that are bright, fun, and exciting. Here are five fun decor ideas for a child’s bedroom.
- Bright and bold and fun wallpaper. One of the best decor ideas is to include some bright and fun wallpaper. When it comes down to it, wallpaper is not only fun to look at – it can also add a whole new layer of color and depth to the room. Moreover, you can choose wallpaper that has fun patterns or other images that can activate your child’s imagination.
- Exciting words on the wall. Another option is to place vinyl lettering – from a company like Words Anywhere - on the wall. With vinyl lettering, you can think of any quote, saying or fun words of motivation to place on the wall. This is an excellent option if you are on a budget, because vinyl lettering is affordable and easy to apply – you don’t need to hire painters. Plus, if you are renting, vinyl lettering will easily peel off when you move out – the last thing you want is to lose your deposit.
- Build a fun reading den. Reading is important for children, so you want to create an environment that makes it fun and exciting to read. For this reason, you may want to create a cozy little den when your children can crawl inside and read stories. Plus, this area can make it fun to hide and play games. When it comes down to it, there are many ways to build a little reading den – you can build it out of wood, or you can create something more makeshift. It all depends on your budget.
- Create a different and unique bed. Another option is to create a bed that doesn’t look like a traditional bed. For instance, you can build a race car bed for your child if he or she loves race cars. You could also build a ship bed, so that your child’s mattress can fit inside it. Building a unique bed will give your child’s room a sense of adventure and fun.
- Make it a blank slate. On top of everything, you may want to go with a blank slate look. Of course, you don’t want to make it boring, but you may want to go with a washable paint or a chalkboard paint that allows your child the opportunity to draw or doodle on the wall. Not only will this relegate the doodling to one room – it will also give your child a great outlet to get creative.